This, is gorgeous -
Having just seen this on the tellybox, a few things spring to mind -
- I <3 Wes Anderson (who shot and directed the above ad).
- You have to applaud Sony for going in this direction: basically saying ‘Look, most phones do the same things, we’re not going to sell you the features or the whizz-bangs, we’re just going to sell it to you’ .
- It’s an Android phone. The robots in the clip look a little bit like the Android brand. Accident? Maybe. Maybe not.
- The kid’s voiceover is a little on the contrived side (the word ‘device’ clunks, terribly), but believable nonetheless.
- This won’t make me buy the phone, but it has made me want to know more (which is pretty unheard of for a Nokia purist such as I).
- The pre-amble video isn’t bad either.
Overall? Well done.