March 2, 2010 / by James Whatley">James Whatley / The Music, Video / 10 Comments

Stop what you’re doing right now…

…and watch this.

I don’t usually just post videos (not unless there’s a bloody good reason at least), but this video from OK GO is fantastic.

Yes, it’s totally inspired by that Honda advert, however – true to the ‘take-it-and-make-it-better’ generation we all live in – the guys really do build on what’s gone before to make this an utter delight to watch.

Enjoy.

Thanks to Matt Singley for the heads-up.

Last updated by at .

10 comments on “Stop what you’re doing right now…”

1. Ms. Jen says:

It is a fun video and I like the time flip at the end as well.

[Reply]

2. Rupert says:

Holy shitsticks! This doesn’t *build* on the Honda ad, it drops two F16 loads of napalm on it. Thanks for posting it.

[Reply]

3. That is awesome – wish the chaos of my life was choreographed to music that well.

[Reply]

4. Terence Eden says:

Important to note that the Honda “Cog” advert is a rip off –

[Reply]

5. whatleydude says:

@MsJen I lol’d at least three times and I’m still grinning.

@Rupert You’re welcome.

@Stewart The paint at the end is a winner.

@Terence You can’t say that and *not* link to what you mean!

[Reply]

6. Ciaran says:

Hmmm. Not sure. I know that Berocca ripped off their running machine video (http://ciarannorris.co.uk/2008/05/17/berocca-ad-inspired-by-ok-go-and-other-notable-copies/) but why do this one?

Especially when it’s already been done so well already. Twice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slh03uk88Ko & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQXpNGcERSw (I know the Pot Noodle one’s a Guinness spoof but there’s more than a bit of Honda in it too)

[Reply]

7. Matt Singley says:

I watched it 5 times this morning. Don’t tell my employer.

[Reply]

8. Sylwia Presley says:

Really good one! Thx for posting!

[Reply]

9. Tom says:

OK, where’s the cut? And the splice?

Also, 3M views in 3 days? Holy Guacamole.

And another thing…lovely tune.

Maximum awesome points for bringing this to my attention.

[Reply]

10. I saw this vid on MTV but it was a poor quality vid but anyhow the song is great.

[Reply]